Sponsored Content material
Information engineers and knowledge analysts are on the forefront of constructing and managing the info stack, which suggests they’re on the forefront of wrangling the corporate‘s knowledge chaos. Information chaos comes from the staggering variety of knowledge instruments folks use and the expectations that these instruments generate the identical solutions (hardly ever true).
The reply? Leverage a semantic layer to cut back the info chaos.
However why does it matter? The Significance of Semantic Layers
Semantic layers play a pivotal function in knowledge evaluation. They act as bridges between uncooked knowledge and actionable insights, serving to organizations harness the total potential of their knowledge. A semantic layer consolidates complicated knowledge into an comprehensible format throughout totally different groups and instruments, successfully translating uncooked knowledge into normal enterprise phrases.
This lately printed GigaOm report focuses on rising applied sciences and market segments. It helps organizations of all sizes perceive new know-how, its strengths, its weaknesses, and the way it can match into an general know-how technique. The report is organized into 5 sections:
- Overview: An outline of the know-how, its main advantages, and attainable use instances, in addition to an exploration of product implementations already obtainable available in the market.
- Issues for Adoption: An evaluation of the potential dangers and advantages of introducing merchandise based mostly on this know-how in an enterprise state of affairs. It appears at desk stakes and key differentiating options, in addition to concerns for how one can combine the brand new product into the present atmosphere.
- GigaOm Sonar Chart: A graphical illustration of the market and its most essential gamers, targeted on their worth proposition and their roadmap for the longer term.
- Vendor Insights: A breakdown of every vendor’s providing within the sector, scored throughout key traits for enterprise adoption.
- Close to-Time period Roadmap: A 12- to 18-month forecast of the longer term improvement of the know-how, its ecosystem, and main gamers of this market phase.
Semantic layers should not standalone entities however complementary elements of a strong knowledge ecosystem. Semantic layers present the context and construction wanted to grasp knowledge.
Dice is highlighted within the GigaOm Sonar Report as a Chief and Quick Mover. They famous Dice’s strengths to incorporate robust code-first orientation, native API help, and its analytics pre-processing via caching and pre-aggregations.
Get the Full Report and See for Your self
For a complete have a look at Dice’s efficiency and a deeper dive into the world of semantic layers, we encourage you to learn the whole GigaOm Sonar report. We offer the report here for free.