These days, there are greater than 2.7 billion lively YouTube customers, and for many individuals, YouTube will not be solely leisure however an essential supply of revenue. However how does it work? What number of views or subscribers can completely different YouTube channels get? With the assistance of Python, Pandas, and the YouTube Information API, we will get some attention-grabbing insights.
This text can be divided into a number of components:
- Utilizing the YouTube Information API. With this API, we will get a listing of YouTube channels for various search requests. For every channel, we’ll get details about the variety of movies, views, and subscribers.
- Getting the checklist of channels we’re enthusiastic about. This may be completed solely as soon as.
- Gathering the channel information. To get statistical insights, we have to accumulate the information for some time period.
- Information evaluation.
With out additional ado, let’s get into it.
1. YouTube Information API
First, a bit of excellent information for everybody who’s enthusiastic about accumulating information from massive networks like YouTube: the YouTube API is free, and we don’t must pay for it. To begin utilizing this API, we’d like two steps:
- Open https://console.cloud.google.com and create a brand new venture. I already had an previous venture there, however after some interval of inactivity, all its API limits have been set to zeros, and I didn’t discover a approach to reset them. So, it’s simply simpler to make a brand new one.
- Go to “APIs and Companies” and allow “YouTube Information API”. Open the API, go to “Credentials,” and create an API key. If every little thing is finished appropriately, the Quotas web page will appear to be this: